DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by:
Volume 2 Issue 1January 01, 2004
- The Disabilities Act or the 'Disabling' Act?
The Disabilities Act of 1995 was meant to ensure equal opportunities for disabled people in government jobs, but instead it turned into an ugly and deceptive stumbling block for three disabled yet deserving candidates. A report by Anne-Marie Prayas.
- VSO to tap Indian talent
Starting from January 2004, Voluntary Services Overseas (VSO), a United Knigdom-based charity organisation, will start recruiting volunteers from India to work in other developing countries in Asia, Africa and Eastern Europe.
- "The whole exercise is a sham!"
The government has reservations for the disabled in only 3 of the 26 civil services, resulting in an unjust refusal of suitable jobs to several worthy candidates.
- Government aid needed to eradicate polio from the country
A panel working on eradicating polio from the country has approached the government to seek help in its mission.
- Rajiv Gandhi Foundation: Working towards a disabled friendly city
initiating strong social support in other states, the RGF now plans to make Delhi a more accessible and disabled-friendly city.
- High-capacity buses to be a reality soon
Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit says disabled-friendly, high-capacity buses are slated to hit Delhi's roads by April 2004.
- President to provide hope for the hearing impaired
Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam is taking initiatives to indigenously manufacture Cochlear implants and make them affordable for nearly 10 lakh patients in the country.
- Law fails to protect human rights of mentally challenged prisoner
Two decades ago, a man was arrested in a murder case and was shifted to a mental hospital without being produced in court. Ever since, there has been no mention of him and the case seems to have been forgotten.
- A barrier-free environment in the new year
The RCI will draw out a manual, which will detail the concept of a barrier-free environment for persons with disabilities.
- Pitiable state of mental health in our country
The country faces severe scarcity of resources for mental health care. The absence of relevant knowledge and education adds to the plight faced by several patients and their families.