DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by:
Volume 2 Issue 17September 01, 2004
- Inspiring Indians
Battling against the odds to succeed in an often hostile world, young disabled people from all over India are proving that they can be an asset to their communities and to their country. Anne Marie Prayas reports.
- A vision of equality
V.R. Jathar is Director, Corporate Social Responsibility, at Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI). He has been associated with the organisation for the past 11 years. Prior to joining BCCI he worked as a journalist, PR executive and a management executive. Recently BCCI prepared a non-discriminatory HIV Policy for companies and Jathar was involved at all the stages of policy-making. He speaks to Naveen Kaul about the evolution of the policy.
- Rajiv Gandhi scholarship awards for disabled students
To commemorate Rajiv Gandhi's 60th birth anniversary, NCPEDP presented scholarship awards to disabled students, on 20th August in the Capital.
- 98.8% disabled students don't get higher education
The Union Human Resource Development Minister Arjun Singh has called for a national seminar next month with top education bodies to deal with the issue of higher education for disabled students.
- High Court sensitive to stuttering assistant
The Delhi High Court has asked the authorities of the Guru Tegh Bahadur Polytechnic Institute to re-examine the case in which they terminated the services of their laboratory assistant on account of stammering.
- Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan to serve education needs of disabled children
The government has decided to set up a separate directorate of elementary education to ensure proper implementation of the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan in Himachal Pradesh. According to the directorate, disabled children will be given special attention and provisions.
- Disability Law Units convene in Delhi
Representatives of the three Disability law Units, set up last year with help from National Centre for Employment for Disabled People (NCPEDP), met at Delhi's India International Centre on August 28.
- A music album to raise money for disabled children
The Interact Society for Spastic and Handicapped has launched a music album to help raise finances for the establishment.
- Job opportunity for the physically disabled
The Delhi government has given mobile PCOs to physically disabled people in the Capital.
- Aanchal to help mentally challenged children
The NDMC has inaugurated Aanchal, an intervention centre to help detect disabilities in mentally challenged children.
- Referral units for disabled throughout the country
The Centre has asked all state governments to set up referral units for the disabled, at state and district levels.
- Self-employment opportunities in Faridabad
Disabled people in Faridabad are benefiting from a scheme to encourage self-employment.