DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by:
Volume 3 Issue 19October 01, 2005
- Will Indiaâ€™s elections ever be disabled-friendly?
Over the past year, united action by the disability sector resulted in -- for the first time in the history of independent India -- disabled voters exercising their franchise in an independent and dignified manner. This victory, however, is woefully inadequate, feels Anjali Sen Gupta
- People with disabilities among most adversely affected by communication barrier: Anupam Basu
“Assistive Technology is still not considered as mainstream research as the number of beneficiaries are less, but the segment of people most adversely affected by the communication barrier, includes millions of people with physical and mental disabilities, who need to be empowered by affordable information and communication technology," says Anupam Basu, Professor Department of Computer Science at Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, in conversation with Nupur Mishra and Parvinder Singh.
- National Consultation on National Disability Policy brings out unrepresentative framing process
It is a hurry that may astonish even the most ardent believer of the Indian bureaucracy and certainly belies seriousness that framing of a national policy, that pertains to one of the most marginalised sections of India, deserves.
- C.B.S.H.O.D. concludes with Islamabad Declaration to give a boost to disability rights movement
The recently concluded Regional Training Seminar on Capacity Building for Self-help Organisations of Persons with Disabilities (C.B.S.H.O.D.) held from 22 to 26 September in Pakistan, came out with the Islamabad Declaration to give a major boost to disability rights movement in Asia and Pacific countries.
- Delhi H.C. issues notices to Government of India, Ministries concerned on issue of access
In a major impetus to the National Campaign for a Barrier-Free India by National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (N.C.P.E.D.P.), the Delhi High Court has issued notices to various Ministries to file affidavits and status reports on steps taken to make facilities and infrastructure accessible as per The Disability Act 1995.
- N.C.P.E.D.P. calls for nominations for Shell Helen Keller Awards
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (N.C.P.E.D.P.) has called for nominations for the NCPEDP - Shell Helen Keller Awards to recognise persons, corporate, organisations that have contributed to the cause of promoting employment opportunities for disabled people.
- M.H.R.D. releases revised Action Plan on Inclusive Education for Children & Youth with Disabilities
Following consultations with Non Governmental Organisations and stakeholders in the disability sector, the Ministry of Human Resource Development has released a revised Comprehensive Action Plan on Inclusive Education for Children and Youth with Disabilities.
- Delhi H.C. asks D.U. College to grant admission to a disabled student
While granting admission to an orthopaedically disabled student to a Delhi University College, the Delhi High Court has observed that the colleges, while filling up the three per cent disability quota must be open to relax rules to accommodate students with disabilities
- Wheelchair using siblings denied entry to a Delhi cinema hall
In a case reflecting on how lack of awareness and apathy can become a barrier for persons with disabilities, just like any infrastructural or physical barrier, two sisters were denied entry inside a popular cinema multiplex in the National Capital.
- C.I.I. ties up with N.C.P.E.D.P. to enhance awareness on employment for persons with disabilities
Even as the disability sector frantically lobbies for the participation of people with disabilities in the private sector, in a positive development the Confederation of Indian Industry (C.I.I.) has devoted two pages in its industry newsletter, Communique, for highlighting disabilities issues.
- Punjab H.C. seeks details on undertrials in mental institutions
Taking note of media reports on large number of undertrials languishing in government mental institutions without having being convicted, the Punjab and Haryana High Court has directed the Punjab Government to furnish a fresh list of all the undertrial prisoners lodged in the Institute of Mental Health, Amritsar.
- Centre to extend financial assistance to organisations providing services to persons with diabilties
Union Home Minister Shivraj Patil has said that the Center will extend greater financial assistance to the organisations providing services to persons with disabilities.
- India on its way to total eradication of polio: Global Polio Eradication Initiative
Disproving scepticism sparked by reports of polio cases even among children having undergone immunisation, India could be on its way to attaining total polio eradication.