DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by:
Volume 3 Issue 3February 01, 2005
- A systemic neglect
Persons with degenerative disorders, thalassaemia, haemophilia, learning disabilities, leprosy, dwarfism, eunuchs, even the elderly, find themselves isolated and left behind. The Disability Sector, not to speak of the government often ignores persons with such disabilities. Sakshi Broota examines the ramifications of this neglect.
- “Allowing euthanasia reinforces the often heard message that it's better to be dead than disabled”
The case of K. Venkatesh of Hyderabad who approached the court to let him die and donate his organs, had led to a debate on euthanasia. Anjali Sen Gupta speaks to Anita Ghai, Reader in the department of Psychology, Delhi University, and a disability activist on the issue of euthanasia from the perspective of disabled persons.
- Prime Minister issues an order to adhere to 3% reservation for disabled persons in the Civil Service
In a major boost to employment opportunities for India’s disabled citizens, Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh has issued orders to reserve three percent of higher civil service jobs for persons with physical disabilities.
- Disability leaders call on Home Minister demanding unlimited attempts in Civil Services
A delegation of disabled people called on Hon’ble Home Minister, Shri Shivraj Patil, at his residence seeking his intervention to end the discrimination against recruiting disabled people into the Civil Services.
- Blatant discrimination against disabled scientist by IIT, Delhi
Dr. Jain, a disabled scientist, has been denied access to his office and laboratory, and his medical facilities have also been withdrawn. Not only that, his salary has also been withheld. All this in contempt of court orders to the contrary.
- State-level consultation on Civil Society partnership in post-tsunami rehabilitation
Tsunami – Relief, Rehabilitation Coordination – Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry (TRRC), a state level consultation on civil society partnership in post-tsunami rehabilitation was organised on January 26, 2005 in Chennai.
- NCPEDP part of ‘Sarva Siksha Abhiyan’ Executive Committee
In a welcome move, the Ministry of Human Resource Development has decided to include a respresentative from the disability sector in the Executive Committee of the National Mission. It nominated Javed Abidi, Executive Director, NCPEDP in December 2004.
- Disability group presents ten-point charter to President
Representatives from Society for Disability and Rehabilitation Studies (SDRS) presented a ten point charter to the President APJ Abdul Kalam Azad which including a demand to set up a National Task Force on disability.
- Mumbai Marathon turns inclusive
Learning from previous mistakes, the organisers of the Mumbai Marathon made special arrrangements for persons with disabilities this year.
- Bollywood stars take up disability issues
Popular Bollywood actors Abhishek Bachchan and Akshay Kumar have signed on agreements to promote different disability issues.
- Disabled boy receives National Bravery Award
Hotilal walks with difficulty and can barely speak. He is mentally and physically disabled. But when it came to rescuing drowning women, 15-year-old Hotilal displayed exemplary courage as others stood and watched.
- Special children to be part of mainstream schools
The Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) and National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE) have signed a MoU to include special children in mainstream education.