DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by:
Volume 1 Issue 4October 15, 2003
- Hardly heard
In India the deaf community is often denied access to basic language and education, Sudeshna Banerjee finds out
- Corporates need readymade disabled-friendly HR policies
Pradeep Gupta, managing director of Cyber Media India Ltd (CMIL)explains the urgency for a readymade disabled-friendly HR policy
- NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards announced
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (NCPEDP) has announced the winners of NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards 2003.
- Rights groups meet to discuss Biwako Millennium Framework
Employment opportunities, inclusive education, problems of women with disabilities, social security and role of self-help organizations were some of the burning topics that were discussed during the two-day national consultation meet for creating a barrier-free society for disabled people under “Biwako Millennium Framework for Action”.
- NCPEDP features on Discovery
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (NCPEDP) will feature on a short film being made by Discovery Channel.
- Disabled women seek their rights
Disabled women are often treated as a burden in Indian families, since it is not very easy to marry them off, or even give them equal opportunities in terms of employment, said NGOs involved in advocacy and service delivery of disabled women.
- Sarva Shiksha Abhiyaan applauded
The growth of special schools has led to segregation, explained Dr Mani while speaking on the issue of inclusive education at the two-day national consultation meet of Biwako Millennium Framework.
- Insurance schemes should be modified for disabled people
A varied range of topics, from infant foeticide to insurance benefits for prevention of disability, to disability pension, to night shelters for destitute mentally ill women were discussed at the session on ‘Social Security Issues’ during the two-day national consultation meet at Biwako Millennium Framework.
- Rights activists demand government support for self-help groups
Criticising society’s step-motherly attitude towards the rights of disabled people, disability rights activist Javed Abidi appealed for the genuine inclusion of disabled people in the self-help movement, during a session ‘Self Help Organisations of persons with disabilities and related family and parent associations’ at the national consultation meet on Biwako Millennium Framework.
- Scouts march for leprosy awareness
About 3000 students of Bharat Scouts and Guides, NCC and other schools participated in a leprosy awareness rally, ‘Public Awareness Peace March’ from Rajghat to ITO on October 2, 2003 to mark Leprosy Day, commemorated on the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Disabled kids to get educational policy soon
A comprehensive education policy will be framed for disabled children by November, Delhi High was assured by the Central government, said a newspaper report.
- Employment cannot be achieved in isolation: Activists
If NGOs and corporates work in isolation, employable disabled people will continue to suffer, pointed out NGOs during a session on Employment and Economic Empowerment, at the national consultation meet on Biwako Millennium Framework.