DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by:
Volume 6 Issue 4August 01, 2009
- Right to motherhood - Supreme Court upholds the right of a mentally retarded girl
In a landmark judgement, the Supreme Court overturned a Punjab and Haryana High Court ruling ordering the termination of pregnancy of a mentally retarded girl resulting after rape at a State run shelter. Dorodi Sharma from D.N.I.S. takes a closer look at the story which jolted the conscience of concerned citizens.
- “The Government has to be reminded that merely signing U.N.C.R.P.D. is not sufficient,” Tanu Bedi
Tanu Bedi, a Chandigarh based lawyer, took up the cudgels for an orphaned mentally retarded girl who was pregnant after being raped at a government shelter in Chandigarh. She talks to Dorodi Sharma from D.N.I.S. about her exhaustive battle and her road to justice.
- N.C.R.P.D. - India calls on the Prime Minister
D.N.I.S. News Network: A delegation of the National Committee on the Rights of People with Disabilities - India (N.C.R.P.D.- India), led by convenor Javed Abidi, called on the Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh on July 25.
- Disabled Rights Group protest against non - inclusion of disability in Union Budget
D.N.I.S. News Network: More than 100 disabled people under the banner of Disabled Rights Group (D.R.G.) gathered in front of the Finance Minister, Pranab Mukherjee’s residence to protest against the non - inclusion of disability in the Union Budget on July 24.
- Right to Education Bill not all right, say disabled rights activists
D.N.I.S. News Network: The Ministry of Human Resource Development (M.H.R.D.) is about to enact the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Bill which seeks to make education a fundamental right of every child in the age group of 6 to 14 years.
- 3rd Meeting of N.C.R.P.D. - India held
D.N.I.S. News Network: The 3rd meeting of the National Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities - India (N.C.R.P.D. - India) was held on July 24 and 25 in New Delhi.
- Core Group Meetings held on July 22 & 23
D.N.I.S. News Network: The Core Groups on Access, Communication and Information Technology and Health met in New Delhi on July 22 and 23.
- Disability Act to be amended
D.N.I.S. News Network: More than 13 years after it came into force, the government is planning to make amendments to the Disability Act, 1995, in line with the U.N.C.R.P.D.
- Nominations open for Helen Keller Awards 2009
D.N.I.S. News Network: The Helen Keller Awards, an N.C.P.E.D.P. and Shell initiative, gives recognition to persons, corporates or organizations who have contributed to the cause of promoting employment opportunities for disabled people. This is the 11th edition of the awards.10 awards are given in 3 categories. The nominations for the 2009 edition are now open.
- Parivaar submits Memorandum to the Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment
D.N.I.S. News Network: Parivaar, the parents’ body for intellectually disabled people, has submitted a memorandum to the Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, Mukul Wasnik, calling for wider consultations with the disability sector on the proposed amendments to the Disability Act.
- Call for disability certificate to be merged with the Unique Identification Number
D.N.I.S. News Network: N.C.P.E.D.P. has asked for merging the disability certificate with the Unique Identification Number.
- Scholarship for students with disability
D.N.I.S. News Network: The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has invited applications for the National Scholarship for Persons with Disabilities for the year 2009 -10.
- Insult on physical disability could be a punishable offence
D.N.I.S. News Network: The Maharashtra State Legal Commission has submitted a report to Chief Minister Ashok Chavan emphasizing that any insult on physical disability should be considered as a punishable offence.
- Army chooses golf carts over wheelchairs
D.N.I.S. News Network: The Army has splurged more than Rs. 1 crore on golf carts, money that was actually meant to be spent on motorised wheelchairs and military equipment.