DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by:
Volume 1 Issue 5November 01, 2003
- Are Delhi's universities disabled friendly?
In an earlier issue, we had revealed how inaccessible five premier colleges in Delhi were. It has been five years since the University Grants Commission, the nodal authority for most Indian universities, has announced special schemes for enabling a barrier-free disabled-friendly environment. However, Delhi's universities are still unaware of it, Sudeshna Banerjee finds out.
- There is a big gap between knowing the law and using it, says rights advocate
Practicing law in the Supreme Court of India, Colin Gonsalves is an advocate who has been actively involved with rights cases to systemise public interest law in India.
- Meet on incentives for corporates to employ disabled people
The cross-disability NGO, National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (NCPEDP), conducted a 'preparatory meeting' to frame incentives for corporates to employ disabled people.
- National panel for disabilities notified
The Government of India has finally notified the constitution of National Commission for Persons with Disabilities.
- Samsung to sponsor 20 scholarships for disabled students
Samsung Electronics has decided to sponsor 20 scholarships to meritorious disabled students pursuing higher education.
- NCPEDP to conduct an audit on the NHFDC's operations
The cross-disability advocacy NGO, National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (NCPEDP), is compiling an audit report on the functioning of National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (NHFDC).
- Disability music video, Kinara, selected for international film festival
Kinara, a three-minute music video on disability produced for National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (NCPEDP), has been selected for the 4th International Short Film Festival - The Way We Live - to be held in Germany during November 19 to 23, 2003.
- Centre, Delhi governments to set up autism centres
Delhi High Court issued notices to Central and Delhi Governments to set up autism diagnostic centres in the capital, reported The Pioneer.
- NCPEDP to conduct employment audit in private sector
The cross-disability advocacy organisation, National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (NCPEDP), has planned to carry out an employment audit to assess employment of disabled people in the corporate sector.
- 59th Commission of ESCAP to make the region barrier-free
The 59th Commission of Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) has passed a resolution to make the region barrier-free.
- Natalie is a very special athlete
South African swimmer Natalie Du Toit is a very special athlete at Afro-Asian Games, held in Hyderabad. Even her rivals ask for a picture together in the pool.
- Rapist of mentally challenged to face
The Supreme Court of India has suggested that Parliament should amend the Indian Penal Code (IPC) to award "higher sentence" to people taking advantage and assaulting mentally disabled women.