DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by:
Volume 3 Issue 7April 01, 2005
- Talking hands
The world of sign language is all about hands that talk and eyes that speak a fluid, graceful speech. Sadly, however, the absence of a standard language is often a barrier in communication between deaf/hearing impaired people and others, says D.S. Chauhan.
- "Advocacy is most important"
"Provide the opportunity to deaf people and give them the time to adapt," says Dr. Abdul Hameed, Chairman, Department of Special Education, University of Punjab, Lahore, to Chitra S. Shankar.
- Arjun Singh announces plan to make education disabled-friendly by 2020
"It should, and will be our objective, to make mainstream education not just available but accessible, affordable and appropriate for students with disabilities," promises Human Resource Development Minister Arjun Singh.
- IIT Delhi shows its true colours
In a shocking incident of discrimination and injustice, the Indian Institute of Technology dismisses the services of disabled scientist Dr. S.K. Jain, just because he asked for an accessible laboratory.
- GAIL dismisses disabled employees
Four disabled GAIL employees receive termination letters, without warning or even substantial reasons.
- U.D.S.P.A. threatens mass agitation
The government's lackadaisical attitude to filling backlog posts sparks protests in Guwahati.
- Advertising gimmick or sheer insensitivity
Creative advertising is becoming insensitive. A brief review of the Bajaj CT 100 advertisement.
- Public interest' advertisement on road safety outrages sensitivity
A public interest advertisement issued by the Department of Road Transport and Highways hurts the sentiments of several disabled people in its interpretation of the wheelchair.
- Towards a disabled-friendly Lucknow
Legal Rights and Access workshops in Lucknow aim to make the city disabled-friendly.
- N.C.P.E.D.P. launches training programme in Mumbai
N.C.P.E.D.P. starts special training programmes to recruit disabled people for B.P.O.s and other organisations.
- Legal cell in Orissa to support disabled people
Swabhiman to launch Legal Cell in Orissa to give special legal support and advice to disabled people in all 30 districts of the State.
- Tsunami-affected families to get psychosocial relief
Still working on providing aid to tsunami victims, Chennai is now directing its funds towards providing psychosocial relief to families in Tamil Nadu.