DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by:
Volume 3 Issue 8April 15, 2005
- Disability Assistive Framework: The need of the hour
To bring about coherence in the disability sector, we need consensus around the goals to be achieved. This Framework – which is a tool for aligning efforts of institutions in the field of disability – will help us achieve that support, feels Sarabjit A. Singh, Member of the Principal Bench of the Central Administrative Tribunal, and a wheelchair user.
- “Disabled persons must project their issues to their governments”
There is nothing better than self-advocacy, says Venus M. Ilagan, Chairperson, Disabled Peoples’ International (D.P.I.), in an interview with Arman Ali and Vijay Krishnamani.
- Government of India starts fresh recruitments for Chairperson of National Trust
In response to protests by D.R.G., the government has begun a fresh process for recruiting a Chairperson for the National Trust.
- India makes it to Regional Council of D.P.I-Asia Pacific
In a significant move, India has been elected to the Regional Council of Disabled Peoples’ International-Asia Pacific.
- National Legal Literacy Mission launched
National Legal Literacy Mission, launched in March, aims to educate underprivileged persons, including disabled people, about law, legal terminology and legal rights.
- Delhi takes strong steps to implement Persons with Disabilities Act
After nine years of launching the Act, the Delhi Government is taking stringent decisions to ensure that disabled people get what is due to them.
- Protest march demands inclusion of mentally disabled children
A group of determined individuals held a protest march agitating against systems of exclusion of mentally disabled people, in society.
- Rajiv Gandhi Scholarships announced
Under the Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship Scheme 2005, meritorious disabled students can apply for scholarships for professional/postgraduate courses.
- New economic reforms passed for disabled people
The new reforms passed by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs will benefit disabled people immensely.
- N.C.P.E.D.P. petitions for unlimited attempts for disabled candidates
After tasting success in the issue of raising reservations in the Civil Services, disabled people are now trying to increase the number of attempts allowed for candidates to appear for examinations.
- N.H.R.C. to ensure upkeep of mentally ill undertrials
The N.H.R.C. has framed guidelines to ensure the upkeep of mentally ill undertrials during their prison term.
- No progress made in physically disabled I.I.T. scientist case
Several days after Dr S.K. Jain's case was broadcast by media, I.I.T. has not been able to reasonably account for its actions and neither has it been able to retrace and correct any of them.