Volume 2 Issue 1 - January 01, 2004
Rajiv Gandhi Foundation: Working towards a disabled friendly city
DNIS News Network -- After initiating strong social support in other states, the RGF now plans to make Delhi a more accessible and disabled-friendly city.
Chaired by Congress President Sonia Gandhi, the Rajiv Gandhi Foundation (RGF) has set up a multi-disciplinary steering committee to prepare a blueprint on how to make Delhi a disabled-friendly city.
The foundation aims at providing humanitarian aid, facilitating development with people's participation and generating ideas for improved governance.
The RGF has also achieved recognition in the field of psycho-social support in the states of Jammu and Kashmir to help militancy-scarred people. The RGF is also working with orphans of militancy in Jammu and Kashmir, Manipur, Andhra Pradesh and Nagaland. It has also initiated a programme to help child victims of the 2002 Gujarat riots.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- VSO to tap Indian talent
- "The whole exercise is a sham!"
- Government aid needed to eradicate polio from the country
- Rajiv Gandhi Foundation: Working towards a disabled friendly city
- High-capacity buses to be a reality soon
- President to provide hope for the hearing impaired
- Law fails to protect human rights of mentally challenged prisoner
- A barrier-free environment in the new year
- Pitiable state of mental health in our country
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: