Volume 2 Issue 1 - January 01, 2004
High-capacity buses to be a reality soon
DNIS News Network -
Delhi's Chief Minister (CM), Sheila Dikshit has declared that ongoing reforms in the transport sector would continue as the Delhi government was committed to providing an efficient and effective public transport system. She emphasised that there was no move to derail the implementation of the disabled-friendly high-capacity urban bus system in the national capital.
The buses are supposed to hit the roads in April next year, but will run only in dedicated lanes for a few months after their introduction.
These new buses will have a low chassis, wider entrances and aisles, slopes for climbing onboard and place for wheelchairs. This will benefit not only persons with disabilities but also senior citizens, pregnant women, even people with luggage.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- VSO to tap Indian talent
- "The whole exercise is a sham!"
- Government aid needed to eradicate polio from the country
- Rajiv Gandhi Foundation: Working towards a disabled friendly city
- High-capacity buses to be a reality soon
- President to provide hope for the hearing impaired
- Law fails to protect human rights of mentally challenged prisoner
- A barrier-free environment in the new year
- Pitiable state of mental health in our country
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: