Volume 7 Issue 1 - January 01, 2010
North Zone Consultation on New Disability Act in January
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: At the National Consultation organised by National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (N.C.P.E.D.P.) in October this year, a consensus was reached to take the demand for a new disability law forward and to the grassroots. Accordingly, it was decided that 4 Zonal Consultations would held. The first of these, the North Zone Consultation, will be held in New Delhi in the later part of January.
The North Zone Consultation will be held in collaboration with Action for Ability Development and Inclusion (A.A.D.I.). It may be mentioned that around 80 renowned disabled rights activists from across the country attended the National Consultation on ĎThe Rights of Persons with Disabilities (Respect for Dignity, Effective Participation and Inclusive Opportunities) Act, 2010í. It was agreed that the Disability Act of 1995 was archaic and hence it was time to go in for a new comprehensive Act based on U.N.C.R.P.D. rather than going in for Amendments to the Disability Act of 1995, as suggested by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Cabinet approves bill to amend Right to Education Act
- Copyright Act to be amended
- User Interface is the theme for Techshare 2010
- Access not legally binding, feels Urban Development Joint Secretary!
- Sports scheme for disabled people to be implemented only in ‚Äėspecial schools‚Äô!
- Centre does a U-turn. Deaf persons cannot drive!
- U.S. issues positive statement at W.I.P.O.
- North Zone Consultation on New Disability Act in January
- U.K. Foreign Secretary cites N.C.P.E.D.P. Project
- U.G.C. to fill up posts reserved for disabled people by the end of financial year
- Kendriya Vidyalayas to recruit special education teachers
- Rights group observes International Fortnight against Violence on Women
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: