Volume 7 Issue 1 - January 01, 2010
U.G.C. to fill up posts reserved for disabled people by the end of financial year
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: Educational bodies sure seem to be getting on the wrong side of the Delhi High Court. First, Kendriya Vidyalayas were pulled up for not appointing special education teachers for their disabled students and now University Grants Commission (U.G.C.) has been warned that if it does not fill up teaching posts reserved for people with disabilities, punitive action will be taken.
U.G.C. has taken a serious note of the Courtís direction and has given an assurance that all vacancies in respect of three percent reservation for disabled persons shall be filled up latest by March 31, 2010. Universities and Colleges have in the past failed to appoint disabled persons although mandated by the Disability Act of 1995.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Cabinet approves bill to amend Right to Education Act
- Copyright Act to be amended
- User Interface is the theme for Techshare 2010
- Access not legally binding, feels Urban Development Joint Secretary!
- Sports scheme for disabled people to be implemented only in ‚Äėspecial schools‚Äô!
- Centre does a U-turn. Deaf persons cannot drive!
- U.S. issues positive statement at W.I.P.O.
- North Zone Consultation on New Disability Act in January
- U.K. Foreign Secretary cites N.C.P.E.D.P. Project
- U.G.C. to fill up posts reserved for disabled people by the end of financial year
- Kendriya Vidyalayas to recruit special education teachers
- Rights group observes International Fortnight against Violence on Women
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: