Volume 7 Issue 1 - January 01, 2010
Kendriya Vidyalayas to recruit special education teachers
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: Special education teachers will soon be recruited in Kendriya Vidyalayas to teach children with disabilities, thanks to a strong directive from the Delhi High Court.
An affidavit filed by the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan revealed that as many as 1561 disabled students study in over 1000 branches of the central school and none of them have access to special education teachers to cater to their needs.
Only after a division bench of Justice A.P. Shah and S. Muralidhar of the Delhi High Court intervened, did the school pull up its socks and initiate the recruitment process.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Cabinet approves bill to amend Right to Education Act
- Copyright Act to be amended
- User Interface is the theme for Techshare 2010
- Access not legally binding, feels Urban Development Joint Secretary!
- Sports scheme for disabled people to be implemented only in ‘special schools’!
- Centre does a U-turn. Deaf persons cannot drive!
- U.S. issues positive statement at W.I.P.O.
- North Zone Consultation on New Disability Act in January
- U.K. Foreign Secretary cites N.C.P.E.D.P. Project
- U.G.C. to fill up posts reserved for disabled people by the end of financial year
- Kendriya Vidyalayas to recruit special education teachers
- Rights group observes International Fortnight against Violence on Women
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: