Volume 7 Issue 1 - January 01, 2010
Rights group observes International Fortnight against Violence on Women
D.N.I.S. New Network, India: On the occasion of International Fortnight against Violence on Women from November 25 to December 10, Sruti Disability Rights Centre, Kolkata submitted a memorandum to Malini Bhattacharya, Chairperson, West Bengal Women’s Commission demanding proper documentation of cases of violence against disabled women.
Bhattacharya assured the delegation of support and a team from Sruti will soon be working jointly with the Women’s Commission on this. A workshop on violence against women with disabilities was held at the American Centre, Kolkata on this occasion. The workshop was attended by Dr. Karen Singleton, Director of the Columbia University Sexual Violence Prevention and Response Program, Dipa Dubey of the Department of Law of I.I.T. Kharagpur, among others. Shampa Sengupta, Director of Sruti, emphasized on more research and accurate data on violence against disabled women to bring about legal and policy level changes.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Cabinet approves bill to amend Right to Education Act
- Copyright Act to be amended
- User Interface is the theme for Techshare 2010
- Access not legally binding, feels Urban Development Joint Secretary!
- Sports scheme for disabled people to be implemented only in ‘special schools’!
- Centre does a U-turn. Deaf persons cannot drive!
- U.S. issues positive statement at W.I.P.O.
- North Zone Consultation on New Disability Act in January
- U.K. Foreign Secretary cites N.C.P.E.D.P. Project
- U.G.C. to fill up posts reserved for disabled people by the end of financial year
- Kendriya Vidyalayas to recruit special education teachers
- Rights group observes International Fortnight against Violence on Women
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: