Volume 8 Issue 1 - January 01, 2011
India strikes Gold in Para Asian GamesD.N.I.S. News Network, India: The first ever Para Asian Games were held in Guangzhou, China from December 12 to 19, 2010.
Inspite of all the tall claims made by the Sports Ministry and the corruption ridden Paralympics Committee of India (P.C.I.), India finished a poor 15th at the overall Medals Tally.
Countries like Indonesia, Pakistan, Jordan, Vietnam, and U.A.E. finished ahead of India at this historic event.
The only saving grace for India was the one gold medal won by Jagseer Singh in Men’s Triple Jump. Additionally, India also won 4 silver medals and 9 bronze medals.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- â€śCertain vested interests are spreading the rumour that I am demanding abolition of the National Trust,â€ť Javed Abidi
- D.R.G. members protest outside Wasnikâ€™s residence
- Consultation on U.N.C.R.P.D., draft Mental Health Care Act and the draft new Disability Act held
- Another glaring episode of blatant discrimination in the Civil Services
- M.S.J.E. embarrassed on employment data once again!
- India strikes Gold in Para Asian Games
- P.C.I. holidays at Guangzhou
- Paralympic athlete left stranded at Delhi airport
- Awareness about Disability Law dismal
- R.T.E. impact: Rajasthan sets up resource centres for disabled children
- Army dedicates 2011 to its disabled personnel
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: