Volume 6 Issue 10 - November 01, 2009
4th Meeting of N.C.R.P.D. – India held
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: The 4th meeting of the National Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (N.C.R.P.D.) - India was held in New Delhi on October 31. The Committee discussed at length the outcome of the National Consultation on the new law that was organised in the capital by N.C.P.E.D.P.
The Committee members unanimously agreed that a new disability legislation was the need of the hour. They were of the view that each one of them should now carry this debate to the grassroots level and garner more support to take the demand forward. It was also decided that the theme for World Disability Day on December 3 this year would be to demand for a new law and oppose Amendments.
The members agreed that once the drafting of the new law is completed, there was a need to ensure that this debate is carried to different parts of the country through Zonal Consultations. Accordingly, it was decided that Zonal Consultations would be held from January to March next year.
The Committee also discussed at length the issue of easy access to disability certificates, the Health Bill 2009 proposed by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, non – implementation of the XIth Five Year Plan and the Unique Identification Number and its impact on enumeration of the disabled population of India during Census 2011.
The next meeting of N.C.R.P.D. – India is expected to be held in Mumbai in January next year.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- The ‘C.A.T.’ is belled!
- 4th Meeting of N.C.R.P.D. – India held
- Minister promises amendments to N.R.E.G.A.
- U.G.C. directs Universities to implement Disability Act 1995
- Efforts to connect disability certificate to Unique Identification Number
- Badhte Kadam: A National Trust Initiative
- National Conference on I.C.T.s for people with disabilities
- N.C.P.E.D.P. releases 5 baseline reports
- Government’s commitments to disabled people largely unfulfilled: World Bank
- Corruption mars tricycle P.C.O. scheme for disabled people
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: