Volume 7 Issue 10 - May 15, 2010
All historical monuments in the country to be made disabled friendly
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: Accessible tourism is the new buzzword of the Tourism Ministry! If its plans are truly implemented, then the Archaeological Survey of India (A.S.I.) will soon find itself busy making all the historical monuments in the country disabled friendly.
Disabled and elderly people today travel extensively. There are about 46.58 million people with reduced mobility who have the economic means to travel and see places. This is untapped business for the tourism industry. This upsurge has prompted the Ministry to push A.S.I. to make all their monuments disabled friendly.
The Ministry has already identified monuments in Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. "We will ensure that all tourist sites in Delhi, Agra and Jaipur are made accessible, especially in view of the upcoming Commonwealth Games,Ē said Union Tourism Secretary, Sujit Banerjee.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- ‚ÄúAwareness that disabled persons are not handicapped, and can perform just as well as anyone else has to grow in society,‚ÄĚ Mehul Choksi
- M.S.J.E. finally concedes to D.R.G.‚Äôs demand for a new law!
- Committee to draft New Disability Act: M.S.J.E. stumbles, yet again
- First meeting of Committee on New Disability Act on June 10
- Census 2011: Guidelines for Enumerators on the question on disability
- Incentive scheme for private sector falls flat, second year in a row!
- New Access Guidelines likely to be adopted as standards by B.I.S.
- I.L.O. to develop Global Business and Disability Network
- 30 disabled students clear U.P.S.C. exam
- Bombay High Court overrides Maharashtra rules, grants permission to blind student to write entrance exam
- All historical monuments in the country to be made disabled friendly
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: