Volume 9 Issue 10 - August 01, 2012
Scholarships for students with disabilitiesD.N.I.S. News Network, India: The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment is currently inviting applications under the ‘National Scholarships for Students with Disabilities’ scheme.
These scholarships are for students pursuing post-Matric/Post-Secondary technical and professional courses including Ph.D and M.Phil from recognised institutions.
However, for students with cerebral palsy, intellectual disabilities, multiple disabilities, and hearing impairment, the minimum educational qualification will be Class VIII pass and scholarship will be awarded to them for pursuing general, technical, vocational or professional courses. The last date for applying is August 31.
Another scholarship that is currently open to students with visual impairment is the X.R.C.V.C. – Tech Mahindra Scholarship. Details can be obtained from X.R.C.V.C., St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai. The deadline for this also is August 31.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Department of Disability Affairs gets its first Secretary!
- Scholarships for students with disabilities
- Cabinet decides to treat disabled athletes on par with non-disabled athletes
- Olympians to get coaching jobs
- Delhi High Court terms Asha Kiran as “worst kind of human rights violation”
- Handbook on tax concessions for people with disabilities
- Stark difference in Census figures on disability in U.S. and Bangladesh
- W.H.O. to hold consultation on forced sterilization
- U.P. starts internship programme on disability for law students
- Persons with disabilities to climb Mt. Stok Kangri in Leh
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: