Volume 9 Issue 10 - August 01, 2012
Cabinet decides to treat disabled athletes on par with non-disabled athletesD.N.I.S. News Network, India: There is good news for disabled athletes, who are otherwise treated as poor cousins of non-disabled sportspersons in India. The Union Cabinet has decided that disabled athletes will be treated on par with non-disabled athletes in service matters if they are in Government employment.
This decision was taken as a partof the Government’s move to give out of turn promotions to athletes employed in Government jobs or in public sector units for winning medals for the country in international events such as Olympics, World Championships and Asian Games.
All such sportspersons will now be entitled to 3 out of turn promotions.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Department of Disability Affairs gets its first Secretary!
- Scholarships for students with disabilities
- Cabinet decides to treat disabled athletes on par with non-disabled athletes
- Olympians to get coaching jobs
- Delhi High Court terms Asha Kiran as “worst kind of human rights violation”
- Handbook on tax concessions for people with disabilities
- Stark difference in Census figures on disability in U.S. and Bangladesh
- W.H.O. to hold consultation on forced sterilization
- U.P. starts internship programme on disability for law students
- Persons with disabilities to climb Mt. Stok Kangri in Leh
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: