Volume 9 Issue 10 - August 01, 2012
Olympians to get coaching jobsD.N.I.S. News Network, India: Every Indian athlete who is part of the Olympics and Paralympics 2012 will be offered direct recruitment as coaches with the Sports Authority of India (S.A.I.). They will not be required to meet any other educational or professional qualifications nor have to appear in a written examination.
This move is an initiative of the Ministry of Sports to reward Indian athletes and also to have a pool of coaches to spot and train future Olympians.
After their joining S.A.I., these sportspersons will be allowed to continue in their field till they retire from active sports. Upon retirement from active sports, they will have to get a diploma in coaching from the National Institute of Sports in Patiala. Once they get this diploma, they will be appointed as coaches.
Currently, around 400 such positions are lying vacant.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Department of Disability Affairs gets its first Secretary!
- Scholarships for students with disabilities
- Cabinet decides to treat disabled athletes on par with non-disabled athletes
- Olympians to get coaching jobs
- Delhi High Court terms Asha Kiran as “worst kind of human rights violation”
- Handbook on tax concessions for people with disabilities
- Stark difference in Census figures on disability in U.S. and Bangladesh
- W.H.O. to hold consultation on forced sterilization
- U.P. starts internship programme on disability for law students
- Persons with disabilities to climb Mt. Stok Kangri in Leh
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: