Volume 2 Issue 11 - June 01, 2004
RCI publishes list of courses for disability professionals
DNIS News Network -- The Rehabilitation Council of India has introduced a list of courses that can be taken up by students at both undergraduate and postgraduate level, to meet the growing demands of professionals for the disability sector.
RCI, an autonomous body, was set up with the aim of developing, standardising and regulating all training policies and programmes in the field of rehabilitation and special education all over the country. Some successful courses include Bachelor in Rehabilitation Sciences, PG Diploma in Rehabilitation Psychology and MPhil in Clinical Psychology.
Chairman of RCI, Major H.P.S. Ahluwalia, felt it was important to chalk out a list of courses, as the awareness about such kind of courses seems to be low among school students. He said: "This is the right time to opt for the RCI approved courses to have a career in disability rehabilitation. Placement opportunities are extremely bright, not only in India but also abroad, since there is a tremendous shortage of such professionals."
The courses cover various disabilities such as hearing impairment, visual impairment, locomotor disabilities, mental retardation and cerebral palsy.
The courses are for 10+2 students and graduates. The diploma and degree courses are very popular in some of the southern states and in Gujarat and Maharashtra. The duration of the courses varies from six months to four years, depending on the chosen specialisation.
The details of the courses are available on the RCI website and from the office in Delhi. Enrolment starts in June and ends in July.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Disabled people in Olympic Torch Relay
- Disabled students exam result
- RCI publishes list of courses for disability professionals
- Leprosy patients seek protection of human rights
- City reeling under severe blood shortage
- Advances in prevention of blindness for glaucoma
- HFI Project extended
- Airtel launches services for hearing impaired
- Mumbai teenager given chance to see again
- Pulse Polio campaign
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: