Volume 6 Issue 11 - November 15, 2009
Accessibility knowledge series launched
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: In the run up to Techshare India 2010, to be held on February 15 and 16, an educational series to inform and introduce people to accessibility and assistive technology has been launched. The series christened ‘Accessibility Knowledge Series’, over the next few months, will endeavour to clear the doubts that citizens normally have on disability issues and will address how to bridge the barriers that persons with disabilities face.
Techshare is a forum where technology professionals meet to share experiences, products and research in the field of digital assistive technology. It was initiated by Royal National Institute of Blind People, U.K. In India, it was organised for the first time by BarrierBreak Technologies in 2008.
The series also lists some key achievments since 2008 in the area of accessibility.
For more information on Accessibility Knowledge Series, please write to email@example.com.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- N.C.P.E.D.P. Chairperson receives Japanâ€™s highest civilian honour
- 11th N.C.P.E.D.P. Shell Helen Keller Awards announced
- â€˜No to Amendments! Yes to New Law!!â€™ is the war cry for World Disability Day 2009
- Accessibility knowledge series launched
- Ministry fixes no technical criteria for conducting access audits!
- Military schools debar disabled children
- Doctors ditch camp meant to disburse disability certificates
- U.N. resolution to align M.D.G.s towards disability issues
- Shameful discrimination against disabled people
- Demand for audio description of Bollywood films on the rise
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: