Volume 6 Issue 11 - November 15, 2009
11th N.C.P.E.D.P. Shell Helen Keller Awards announced
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: The winners of the much coveted N.C.P.E.D.P. Shell Helen Keller Awards for 2009 have been announced. This is the 11th edition of these awards instituted by National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (N.C.P.E.D.P.), to honour individuals and organisations who have been working towards promoting equal opportunities and providing gainful employment for persons with disabilities. The Awards will be given on December 2 in New Delhi.
The Awards are given away in 3 categories – role model disabled persons, non-disabled role model supporters and companies, organisations or institutions who demonstrate their belief in equal rights and gainful employment for persons with disabilities.
The winners under the role model disabled persons category this year are Dr. Meenu Bhambhani (Head, Corporate Social Responsibility, MphasiS); Nupur Jain (Senior Executive, Wipro Ltd.); and Dr. Sam Taraporevala (Director, Xavier’s Resource Centre for the Visually Challenged). Mani Ram Sharma and G.J. Siddharth have been given a special mention.
Under the non-disabled role model supporters category Dhruv Lakra, Founder and C.E.O. of Mirakle Couriers; Team I.T. comprising of N. Ravi Shanker, Dr. Govind, Neeta Verma and Dr. S.K. Aggarwal; and Vikas Sharma (posthumously) have been awarded. I.B.M. India Private Limited, National Thermal Power Corporation (N.T.P.C.) Limited, Steel Authority of India Limited (S.A.I.L.) and Wipro Limited bagged the honours under the disabled friendly corporate category.
Several nominations were filed for the Awards that subsequently went through a rigorous selection process. The Selection Committee comprised of Dr. V. Krishnamurthy (Chairman, N.C.P.E.D.P.); Som Mittal (President, N.A.S.S.C.O.M.); Deepak Mukarji (Country Head, Corporate Affairs, Shell India Private Limited); and Preeti Mehra (Deputy Editor, The Hindu Business Line).
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- N.C.P.E.D.P. Chairperson receives Japan’s highest civilian honour
- 11th N.C.P.E.D.P. Shell Helen Keller Awards announced
- ‘No to Amendments! Yes to New Law!!’ is the war cry for World Disability Day 2009
- Accessibility knowledge series launched
- Ministry fixes no technical criteria for conducting access audits!
- Military schools debar disabled children
- Doctors ditch camp meant to disburse disability certificates
- U.N. resolution to align M.D.G.s towards disability issues
- Shameful discrimination against disabled people
- Demand for audio description of Bollywood films on the rise
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: