Volume 6 Issue 11 - November 15, 2009
‘No to Amendments! Yes to New Law!!’ is the war cry for World Disability Day 2009
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: World Disability Day (W.D.D.) is just around the corner. Like every year, National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (N.C.P.E.D.P.) is organizing ‘Walk to Freedom’ at India Gate, New Delhi. N.C.P.E.D.P. has been celebrating W.D.D. for twelve successive years with the aim of making this one-day a memorable and special day for all disabled people and their supporters. Thousands of disabled people from across the country throng India Gate to celebrate this day on December 3.
This year, the theme would be ‘No to Amendments! Yes to New Law!!’ Since August this year, N.C.P.E.D.P. and Disabled Rights Group (D.R.G.) have been working towards drafting a new law in line with U.N.C.R.P.D. instead of the amendments proposed by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. A delegation of D.R.G. also submitted a letter to Mukul Wasnik regarding this issue on August 29.
At the recently concluded meeting of the National Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (N.C.R.P.D.) – India in New Delhi, it was decided that this theme will be taken up at W.D.D. celebrations throughout the country.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- N.C.P.E.D.P. Chairperson receives Japan’s highest civilian honour
- 11th N.C.P.E.D.P. Shell Helen Keller Awards announced
- ‘No to Amendments! Yes to New Law!!’ is the war cry for World Disability Day 2009
- Accessibility knowledge series launched
- Ministry fixes no technical criteria for conducting access audits!
- Military schools debar disabled children
- Doctors ditch camp meant to disburse disability certificates
- U.N. resolution to align M.D.G.s towards disability issues
- Shameful discrimination against disabled people
- Demand for audio description of Bollywood films on the rise
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: