Volume 9 Issue 11 - August 15, 2012
Mukul Wasnik gives away the 3rd NCPEDP-MphasiS Universal Design AwardsD.N.I.S. News Network, India: Mukul Wasnik, Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment gave away the 3rd NCPEDP-MphasiS Universal Design Awards at a simple ceremony on August 14 in New Delhi. The Award function was also the first public function for the newly appointed Secretary of the Department of Disability Affairs, Stuti Narain Kacker.
The Awardees this year were Dipendra Manocha, Abhishek Syal, Professor Prabhat Ranjan, R.R. Joshi, Professor Rachna Khare in the individual category and Indian Institute of Management (I.I.M.), Bangalore, Microsoft Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., National Institute of Open Schooling, Sri Vishnu Educational Society and Travel Another India in the organisational category.
Manocha, speaking on behalf of the individual Awardees said that the Awards were very special coming from a partnership known for calling black as black and white as white.
Wasnik also complemented National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (N.C.P.E.D.P.) for being the only organisation in the country that is pushing disability rights the way it does.
Also present at the occasion were Javed Abidi, Honorary Director, N.C.P.E.D.P.; Dinesh Venugopal, Executive Vice President & Head, New Ventures, MphasiS an HP Company; Shilpi Kapoor, Managing Director, BarrierBreak Technologies; and Shivani Gupta, Director, AccessAbility.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- âGenerations have paid and will pay the price of being born disabled in Indiaâ: Javed Abidi
- Mukul Wasnik gives away the 3rd NCPEDP-MphasiS Universal Design Awards
- National Centre for Universal Design to be made a reality in the next 3 months
- Nominations invited for 14th N.C.P.E.D.P.-Shell Helen Keller Awards
- Applications invited for the post of Chairperson, National Trust
- Committee drafting R.T.E. guidelines on disability has no disabled member!
- U.N. report seeks strengthening of C.C.P.D. office, private sector accountability
- H.R.D. Ministry forms Task Force on Disability
- âBlindâ people employed under N.R.E.G.A. found to be non-disabled, says study
- Odisha to reserve 3 percent contractual jobs for disabled people
- Disabled soldiers to get pension
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: