Volume 9 Issue 11 - August 15, 2012
National Centre for Universal Design to be made a reality in the next 3 monthsD.N.I.S. News Network, India: The National Centre for Universal Design and Barrier Free Environment which was promised in the 11th Five Year Plan, will be a reality in as soon as 3 months. This was announced by Mukul Wasnik, Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment while giving away the 3rd NCPEDP-MphasiS Universal Design Awards in New Delhi on August 14.
Wasnik said that over the past few years, the Government has been able to make some headway in the area of accessibility for people with disabilities. He mentioned the setting up of the Indian Sign Language Training and Research Centre which was inaugurated in October last year, the newly formed Department of Disability Affairs and the fact that the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment was the first Ministry to have an accessible website. However, there is still a long way to go, he added.
He reiterated the commitment of the U.P.A. Government and the personal interest of Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh in the issue of disability.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Mukul Wasnik gives away the 3rd NCPEDP-MphasiS Universal Design Awards
- National Centre for Universal Design to be made a reality in the next 3 months
- Nominations invited for 14th N.C.P.E.D.P.-Shell Helen Keller Awards
- Applications invited for the post of Chairperson, National Trust
- Committee drafting R.T.E. guidelines on disability has no disabled member!
- U.N. report seeks strengthening of C.C.P.D. office, private sector accountability
- H.R.D. Ministry forms Task Force on Disability
- ‘Blind’ people employed under N.R.E.G.A. found to be non-disabled, says study
- Odisha to reserve 3 percent contractual jobs for disabled people
- Disabled soldiers to get pension
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: