Volume 9 Issue 11 - August 15, 2012
Committee drafting R.T.E. guidelines on disability has no disabled member!D.N.I.S. News Network, India: Ministry of Human Resource Development (H.R.D.) apparently, is unable to grasp the concept of ‘Nothing About Us Without Us.’
The latest in its long list of blunders is the ‘Committee to draft Comprehensive Guidelines on the Education of Children with Special Needs under the Right to Education Act’. H.R.D. Ministry could not find a single person with disability in the whole of India to be included in this 10 member Committee.
The Committee is being chaired by Dr. M.N.G. Mani, C.E.O. of International Council for Education of People with Visual Impairment. The rest comprise of professionals, and the usual suspects from the disability sector.
The Committee held its first meeting on August 24.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Mukul Wasnik gives away the 3rd NCPEDP-MphasiS Universal Design Awards
- National Centre for Universal Design to be made a reality in the next 3 months
- Nominations invited for 14th N.C.P.E.D.P.-Shell Helen Keller Awards
- Applications invited for the post of Chairperson, National Trust
- Committee drafting R.T.E. guidelines on disability has no disabled member!
- U.N. report seeks strengthening of C.C.P.D. office, private sector accountability
- H.R.D. Ministry forms Task Force on Disability
- ‘Blind’ people employed under N.R.E.G.A. found to be non-disabled, says study
- Odisha to reserve 3 percent contractual jobs for disabled people
- Disabled soldiers to get pension
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: