Volume 9 Issue 11 - August 15, 2012
U.N. report seeks strengthening of C.C.P.D. office, private sector accountabilityD.N.I.S. News Network, India: United Nations Development Programme (U.N.D.P.) has released a study on ‘Livelihood Opportunities for Persons with Disabilities', which recommends a centralised database to maintain proper statistics of all the Government run schemes for people with disabilities. It also recommends a definition of disability based on the Convention on Rights of Persons with Disabilities (C.R.P.D.).
Significantly, the report also calls for strengthening of the Office of the Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities (C.C.P.D.) and the State Disability Commissioners’ office to be able to capture all programme data that directly or indirectly benefit people with disabilities.
The report highlighted the abysmal rates of work participation among people with disabilities.
The current incentive scheme for the private sector employing people with disabilities needs to go beyond the State contributing partly to the provident fund, the report said.
The report also recommends putting in place systems to ensure accountability and for handling non-compliance.
The study, prepared in collaboration with the Planning Commission, was conducted in ten States: Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and West Bengal.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Mukul Wasnik gives away the 3rd NCPEDP-MphasiS Universal Design Awards
- National Centre for Universal Design to be made a reality in the next 3 months
- Nominations invited for 14th N.C.P.E.D.P.-Shell Helen Keller Awards
- Applications invited for the post of Chairperson, National Trust
- Committee drafting R.T.E. guidelines on disability has no disabled member!
- U.N. report seeks strengthening of C.C.P.D. office, private sector accountability
- H.R.D. Ministry forms Task Force on Disability
- ‘Blind’ people employed under N.R.E.G.A. found to be non-disabled, says study
- Odisha to reserve 3 percent contractual jobs for disabled people
- Disabled soldiers to get pension
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: