Volume 9 Issue 12 - September 01, 2012
Wadhwani Foundation’s initiative to train & recruit 13,500 people with disabilitiesD.N.I.S. News Network, India: The Wadhwani Foundation and I.S.D.C. (a joint venture between I.L.&F.S. and the National Skill Development Corporation) have launched a country wide initiative to train and recruit 13,500 people with disabilities in a 3 year intensive advocacy, training and hiring campaign. It aims to create an atmosphere of increased opportunity and social acceptance of educated people with disabilities.
Under this initiative, I.S.D.C. will use its extensive network of franchisees, partners, training providers and corporations, to mobilise, train, and mentor people with disabilities.
It is reported that the Wadhwani Foundation, through its O.N.D. initiative, has till now facilitated the training of over 4,000 persons with disabilities and placed over 3,000 of them.
The first batch of this initiative starts in Chandigarh.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- First Paralympic medallist wiped away from all official records
- 228 deaths in Asha Kiran since 2005
- N.C.P.E.D.P. to organise National Convention on Youth with Disabilities
- New law in the offing to prevent schools from discriminating against ‘weak’ students
- No blanket ban on students with upper limb impairment in medical course, High Court
- Deaf people to be able to text for help during emergency
- N.H.R.C. to organise National Conference on leprosy
- Wadhwani Foundation’s initiative to train & recruit 13,500 people with disabilities
- D.U. proposes exclusive accommodation for students with disabilities!
- Golf camp for people with disabilities
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: