Volume 4 Issue 13 - July 01, 2006
Grant provisional admission to disabled student: Delhi High Court tells D.U.
D.N.I.S. News Network – The
Vacation Judge A. K. Sikri ruled that the student should not be denied admission on the ground that the University wants to fill only two seats as against the 12 reserved for physically disabled candidates. The directions were passed on a petition filed by the candidate, who said that he had passed the Delhi University Medical Dental Entrance Test held on 22 May 2006, but was still being denied admission.
The student argued that though there were 12 seats reserved for disabled candidates, the University had decided to fill only two seats as a result of which he was being denied admission. Moreover, the University had not provided a proper explanation for denying admission, but merely informed the student orally that his case was not considered, as he was “medically unfit”. The candidate stated that the University had neither conducted any medical test on him nor disclosed the basis on which such an opinion was formed.
In case the admission was denied on the ground that the candidate was medically unfit, he should be told the reason behind such statements, Justice Sikri added, while posting the matter for further hearing on July 7.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- M.S.J.E. comes up with its own proposal for amendments to the Disability Act!
- Government to rehabilitate polio victims; Rs. 1,039 crore earmarked for polio eradication
- Grant provisional admission to disabled student: Delhi High Court tells D.U.
- National Institute for Persons with Multiple Disabilities in Tamil Nadu
- Delhi Government increases ex-gratia payment for war disabled soldiers
- Loopholes in the proposed Delhi Building Bylaws
- 200 high-capacity buses to hit Delhi roads in next six months
- Specially designed bus shelters in the offing
- New devices for visually impaired launched
- ‘Disabled’ fans ejected from stadium
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: