Volume 2 Issue 14 - July 15, 2004
‘Vision 2020-India’: restoring sight to the blindDNIS News Network -- A national confederation of several non-governmental organisations, engaged in eye care, has been formed in Madurai.
The main aim of this confederation, ‘Vision 2020-India’ is to complement the government in eliminating avoidable blindness in the country. International coordination for the project will be done through ‘Vision 2020 -- the Right to Sight’.
The national secretariat was opened at the Lions Aravind Institute of Community Ophthalmology, where the first meeting of the confederation’s executive committee, was held. The president, R.D. Thulasiraj said that the World Heath Organisation had launched the global initiative for this project, and the Union Government was signatory to it. He said the confederation would conduct awareness programmes and, research would be formally launched at the national level in New Delhi, on October 14, the ‘World Sight Day’.
The members of the confederation include Aravind Eye Hospitals, L.V. Prasad Institute, Hyderabad, Sight Savers International, Seva Foundation, Lions Club International, Operation Sight Universal and ORBIS International.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Good news for India’s visually challenged
- India sets up first gene screening lab in South Asia
- ‘Vision 2020-India’: restoring sight to the blind
- No posts for blind in the Civil Services?
- NGOs seen as only answer to social reform
- Action For Autism lays foundation stone
- Disabled doctors make a difference
- Union Budget sensitive to disability sector
- Railway minister unable to fulfil expectations
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: