Volume 2 Issue 15 - August 01, 2004
‘Expressions’ to be a guiding light to disturbed kidsDNIS News Network -- Due to the increasing number of behavioural and psychological problems among children and teenagers, VIMHANS has launched a project, Expressions, to deal with these problems in their preliminary stages.
The World Heath Organisation has come up with a set of recommendations for educational boards across the country, to help them deal with the increasing number of psychological and behavioural problems amongst children. The Child Development and Adolescent Health Centre of the Vidyasagar Institute of Mental health and Neuroscience (VIMHANS) has adopted these recommendations in the project ‘Expressions’.
A detailed survey by Expressions shows that about 10 to 12 percent of Indian children suffer from severe emotional and behavioural problems. While one percent of these have mental retardation, the rest suffer psychological problems resulting from malnutrition and neglect.
Titled ‘Comprehensive School Mental Health Program’, these modules will deal with the increasing number of youngsters diagnosed with behavioural challenges, improper social adjustments and psychological problems. The program will be introduced in school boards around the country including Central Board of Secondary Education and Kendriya Vidyalaya Sanghathan and will be followed by teachers, trainers and counsellors for pre-primary, primary and middle school children.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Simple test to detect walking problem
- Youth work for a social cause
- Disabled children shine through
- An arena for the intellectually disabled
- ‘Expressions’ to be a guiding light to disturbed kids
- Deepalaya marks 25 years of serving the marginalised
- Club-foot clinic unable to cope with increasing demand
- Budget is a farce for disabled children
- No disappointment for disabled students in DU
- ‘Jeena’ gives disabled immigrant children a new ray of hope
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: