Volume 2 Issue 16 - August 15, 2004
NCPEDP celebrates Independence Day with the launch of its inclusive education campaign
DNIS News Network - On August 15, as the nation celebrated its 57th Independence Day, an inclusive education campaign was launched by National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People.
The campaign is designed to increase awareness about the difficulties and obstacles faced by disabled students in India. It followed a study carried out by NCPEDP to assess the educational status of disabled youth, the first study of its kind in the country.
A poster, unveiled at the launch event by the Minister for Human Resource and Development, Arjun Singh, has been sent to education institutions throughout India. A television commercial produced by Dr Parvez Imam was also screened. It has been broadcast by Zee News, Sony Entertainment TV and India TV.
The campaign highlights the fact that disabled students are still being excluded from the education system. The message from Javed Abidi, executive director NCPEDP, is spelled out on the posters: "In our 57th year of Independence, less than 2 per cent of India's disabled youth benefit from mainstream education. It is time we include those who are denied access."
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Education Audit shows up lack of facilities for students with disabilities
- Ministry told to refile dyslexia affidavit
- NCPEDP celebrates Independence Day with the launch of its inclusive education campaign
- 72 days of dharna; Government yet to take action
- Physically disabled boy fights for the right to study
- CAG says government not meeting targets for employment
- DNIS - the way forward
- DPI meeting discusses strategy
- Government to notify welfare schemes for the disabled students by October
- Incentives policy meeting organised
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: