Volume 2 Issue 16 - August 15, 2004
DPI meeting discusses strategy
DNIS News Network - The Executive Committee of Disabled Peoples' International (DPI) India met on August 10 in New Delhi. The action plan for the year 2004-2005 was presented during the meeting and members finalised the concept note on DPI (India).
An overview of DPI (India) was presented by Javed Abidi, Secretary General, DPI (India). Strategies to establish professional links at international and regional levels and to develop mutually beneficial partnerships with organisations working in the disability sector and other officials from Centre/State government agencies were discussed in the meeting.
Subhash A Datrange, Honorary President, DPI (India) emphasised the need for the total rehabilitation of disabled people by developing fruitful links with industry, cooperatives, trades and other establishments, as well as the government, that would provide more and more employment opportunities.
While proposing a national plan of action, the responsibility to develop zone-wise plans was delegated to the respective zonal heads.
The committee members agreed to review and monitor the progress of the work plan at regular intervals. They expressed satisfaction over the proceedings and decided upon the future course of action. The meeting concluded with Meenu Bhambhani, vice president, West Zone, being asked to arrange the next meeting for January 2005 in Jaipur.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Education Audit shows up lack of facilities for students with disabilities
- Ministry told to refile dyslexia affidavit
- NCPEDP celebrates Independence Day with the launch of its inclusive education campaign
- 72 days of dharna; Government yet to take action
- Physically disabled boy fights for the right to study
- CAG says government not meeting targets for employment
- DNIS - the way forward
- DPI meeting discusses strategy
- Government to notify welfare schemes for the disabled students by October
- Incentives policy meeting organised
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: