Volume 3 Issue 16 - August 15, 2005
H.C. seeks report from D.U. on steps taken to make structures accessible
D.N.I.S. News Network – There is good news for the disability sector in their ongoing struggle to make colleges and universities accessible. In an Interim Order, the Delhi High Court has sought detailed reports from the Delhi University and Government of India on steps that have been taken to make its structures accessible.
The Order was passed by a bench of Justice Virendra Jain and Justice Rekha Sharma, while hearing the Public Interest Litigation filed by Disabled Rights Group (D.R.G.) againstDelhi University to make its colleges disabled-friendly.
The Court has asked for elaborate information from Delhi University and the Union of India on the steps taken to make its structures accessible, while adding that the affidavit filed by the Government of India was insufficient.
In a pleasant surprise, the Court also issued notices to Jamia Millia Islamia and Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha Universities seeking a report on what has been done by them for making educational structures accessible to students with disabilities. The next hearing of the case has been scheduled for 20 September 2005.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- N.C.P.E.D.P Launches National Campaign for Barrier-Free India
- Confederation of Indian Industry to soon unveil its Disability Policy
- H.C. seeks report from D.U. on steps taken to make structures accessible
- Public Sector Bank employees with disability cannot be transferred: H.C.
- G.A.I.L. C.M.D. threatens D.R.G. with criminal action
- A.P. Court rejects bar set by M.C.I. for admission to M.B.B.S. under disability quota
- India â€˜least inclusiveâ€™ among Asian nations: Disability survey
- Despite immunisation drives, Rajasthan and other States report fresh polio cases
- British media accuses Teresaâ€™s nuns of tying up children with mental disabilities
- Visit by American disability activist highlights inefficacy in implementation of Indiaâ€™s disability
- Third Regional Consultative Meeting at Kolkata to forge roadmap for Inclusive Education
- North-East and East Zone Partnersâ€™ Meet held in Kolkata
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: