Volume 2 Issue 17 - September 01, 2004
Self-employment opportunities in Faridabad
DNIS News Network - Disabled people in Faridabad are benefiting from a scheme to encourage self-employment.
Loans totalling Rs 12 lakh have been provided to 26 people with disabilities, announced Mr M S Ahluwalia, the Commissioner, Department of Social Justice and Empowerment, on August 24.
The Commissioner said the financial help had been provided by the Haryana State Schedule Caste Financial Corporation. The department has also decided to bring together several industrial organisations to discuss the issue of providing employment for the physically challenged people in the private sector. Pointing to the provision of the 3 per cent reservation for disabled people in the public sector, Ahluwalia said it was time for private sector to share the responsibility.
He also revealed that the Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited has allotted 800 PCO booths to physically challenged people in the district and allows a 50 per cent rebate in the collection from booths managed by people with visual disabilities.
However, it was pointed out that employers were failing to provide jobs for people with hearing impairments, even though the government has reserved at least 1 per cent of jobs in the public sector for them.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Rajiv Gandhi scholarship awards for disabled students
- 98.8% disabled students don't get higher education
- High Court sensitive to stuttering assistant
- Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan to serve education needs of disabled children
- Disability Law Units convene in Delhi
- A music album to raise money for disabled children
- Job opportunity for the physically disabled
- Aanchal to help mentally challenged children
- Referral units for disabled throughout the country
- Self-employment opportunities in Faridabad
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: