Volume 4 Issue 17 - September 01, 2006
Government will provide care to the disabled: P.M
D.N.I.S. News Service Even as the disability sector rued over the fact that education and access have eluded over 60 to 70 million disabled people in India even after six decades of having attained independence, Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh promised assistance to disabled people.
In his address to the nation from the ramparts of the Red Fort on the occasion of the sixtieth Independence Day, the Prime Minister promised to provide all possible assistance to disabled people, among other things.
We will provide all possible assistance for the all round growth of children suffering from disabilities or with special needs. We also will care for those who suffer from disabilities so that they can lead a dignified life in society, stated Dr. Manmohan Singh.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- History created - Convention on the rights of persons with disabilities adopted
- Government will provide care to the disabled: P.M
- Union Health Minister admits India will miss polio eradication target
- Vaccine fails; 160 new cases of polio in U.P.
- A ray of hope for Haemophilics - Health Ministry to set up P.F.U.
- Theme for World Sight Day 2006 is Low Vision
- Madras High Court Chief Justice calls for removal of lacunae in Disability Act
- Workshops held in Ranchi and Rajgir to sensitise P.A.C.S. partners
- Paralysed I.M.A. ex-cadet gets relief after 11 long years
- Delhi University to open multi-purpose Resource Centre in Braille
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: