Volume 2 Issue 18 - September 15, 2004
Employment audit conducted
DNIS News Network - The National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (NCPEDP) has signed up with the Social and Rural Research Initiative (SRI) of Indian Market Research Board (IMRB), to conduct an employment audit of the country's top corporate houses and NGOs.
It was carried out to determine the employment practices of these organisations vis-à-vis disabled people.
A comprehensive questionnaire was sent to about 450 corporate houses and 100 NGOs through out India, with the aim of demarcating, exploring and reviewing current employment practices in the corporate world (public, private and multinational), as well as in various government departments and NGOs regarding people with disabilities. Despite the rigorous follow-ups carried out, only about 77 corporate houses and 30 NGOs responded to the questionnaire.
Initial results show that the percentage of disabled people employed in India has risen marginally since the last employment audit carried out by NCPEDP in 1999.
While the previous study was restricted to corporate world the current study is more comprehensive. The results are nearing completion and NCPEDP will be publishing its findings next month.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Shocking statistics unveiled regarding 'Education scenario vis-à-vis disabled people'
- Expanding horizons
- Only 20 disabled beneficiaries in Delhi in the last five years
- The missing link in reservations
- Campaign ahead of elections
- Employment audit conducted
- NHRC focuses on plight of mentally ill prisoners
- Indian Oil Corporation scholarship scheme announced
- Supporting ability
- Law students learn about disability
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: