Volume 3 Issue 19 - October 01, 2005
Centre to extend financial assistance to organisations providing services to persons with diabilties
D.N.I.S. News Network - Union Home Minister Shivraj Patil has said that the Center will extend greater financial assistance to the organisations providing services to persons with disabilities.
The Home Minister said the government was already taking several steps for the rehabilitation of the persons with disabilities. There are enough funds with the government and it would extend the require assistance to institutions working with people with disabilities, he added.
While inaugurating, a rehabilitation center in the city, Patil said that the responsibility of rendering services to persons with disabilities does not solely lie with the government and its agencies but also with individuals and civil society at large.
He along with Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit distributed tricycles and artificial limbs to a couple of physically disabled persons. Speaking on the occasion, Dikshit said persons with disabilities in the country require physical, social and economical rehabilitation.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- National Consultation on National Disability Policy brings out unrepresentative framing process
- C.B.S.H.O.D. concludes with Islamabad Declaration to give a boost to disability rights movement
- Delhi H.C. issues notices to Government of India, Ministries concerned on issue of access
- N.C.P.E.D.P. calls for nominations for Shell Helen Keller Awards
- M.H.R.D. releases revised Action Plan on Inclusive Education for Children & Youth with Disabilities
- Delhi H.C. asks D.U. College to grant admission to a disabled student
- Wheelchair using siblings denied entry to a Delhi cinema hall
- C.I.I. ties up with N.C.P.E.D.P. to enhance awareness on employment for persons with disabilities
- Punjab H.C. seeks details on undertrials in mental institutions
- Centre to extend financial assistance to organisations providing services to persons with diabilties
- India on its way to total eradication of polio: Global Polio Eradication Initiative
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: