Volume 6 Issue 2 - July 01, 2009
Core Group on Health to look into disability certificates
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: N.C.P.E.D.P. has launched a three year project –“Mainstreaming of Disability in the National Agenda – Policy to Practice” in partnership with the British High Commission to focus on 5 key issues – health, employment, accessibility, communication & information technology and rural development.
As a part of this, a Core Group on Health has been constituted to look into the issue of easy access to disability certificates; integrating disability in existing health schemes and provision of good quality aids and appliances.
The Core Group will focus on ensuring that every single disabled person in the country is able to get a Disability Certificate with ease and dignity, within 30 days. Getting a Disability Certificate for most disabled people is an uphill battle even in metros. It is a tedious process which takes much too long with. To add to that, a disabled person has to make innumerable visits to meet a panel that issues the certificate.
In addition to this core issue, the Group is free to take up any other issue that it feels is relevant.
Radhika M. Alkazi, Managing Trustee & Director of Alternative Strategies for the Handicapped (A.S.T.H.A.) will be the Convenor of the Group with Javed Abidi, Honorary Dirctor, N.C.P.E.D.P. as the Co-convenor.
Members include Arun Rao, A. S. Narayanan, J.P. Gadkari, Kapil Kumar Agarwal, Ketan Kothari, Shampa Sengupta, T.D. Dhariyal, Vineet Chawdhry and Arvind Prasad. The special invitees include Rama Chari, Sakshi Broota, Helen Mahtani and Muthamma B. Devaya.
A meeting of the Core Group is going to be held on July 23.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- MSJE urges Finance Minister to “keep people with disability in mind”
- Ministerial faux pas – D. Napoleon lets slip his ignorance on disability issues
- N.A.S.S.C.O.M. to set up accessibility forum
- Barrier free constructions in the next three years
- 99.8 percent disabled students do not make it to Class XII
- C.D.P.F. Executive Committee workshop in Uganda
- Core Group on Health to look into disability certificates
- ‘Readable’ to be launched soon
- Semi low floor buses not disabled friendly
- Visually impaired person treks to Beas Kund
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: