Volume 2 Issue 21 - November 01, 2004
Conquering disability, conquering hearts
DNIS Network News - Over 45 children with severe disabilities hold the audience in thrall in an ASTHA play.
Over 45 children with severe disabilities participated in a play 'Agar Magar' at Sri Ram Centre on October 17. These special kids enthralled the audience with their performance. The play was organised by ASTHA (Alternative Strategies for the Handicapped) in association with Delhi Old Xaviarian's Association (DOXA).
According to Radhika Alkazi, who heads ASTHA, this is the third time in succession that her organisation has organised such an event. The play, directed by Faizal Alkazi, is the story of a crocodile who rules a jungle and wants the other animals out.
"The stage brings out so many abilities in the children which are otherwise not seen or known to be there..." said Radhika, who doubled as a prop in the play.
The event was inaugurated in the traditional style by the Minister for Heavy Industries, Santosh Mohan Deb, lighting a lamp. Also present on the occasion were author Zai Whitaker, educationist T.V. Kunnunkal, and Rohini Prasad, wife of the ambassador of Trinidad and Tobago. Contributions were also raised on the occasion from DOXA and general public.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Arjun Singh sets up working group
- Supreme Court issues notice on non-implementation of Section 43 of PWD Act
- NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Award winners for 2004 announced
- Ministry of Finance clarifies Income Tax issue
- Significant step in establishing dyslexia as 'disability'
- Vishwas: Self-employment opportunities in Rajasthan
- Indian disability films selected for Moscow film festival
- Indian traffic system inching towards disabled-friendliness
- Physical disability adds to woes of Kutch earthquake victims
- Conquering disability, conquering hearts
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: