Volume 2 Issue 22 - November 15, 2004
5% seats now reserved for disabled people in Nepal Civil Services
DNIS News Network - The policy of 5 per cent reservations in Nepal's Civil Services for disabled people is a major achievement.
As a result of strong lobbying with the central government authorities, National Federation of Disabled, Nepal (NFDN), has been able to initiate important policy changes regarding the employment of people with disabilities in the country.
According to a recently approved roadmap of governance reform policy, 5 per cent of positions in Nepal's civil services will be reserved for disabled people.
The NFDN has been lobbying with central government authorities for employment of disabled people in Nepal. In this regard, NFDN has entered into an agreement with Ministry of Women, Children and Social Welfare.
It aims to empower people with disabilities and increase their participation in social, political, economic and gender-related activities. Its objectives are to raise awareness among politicians, policy-makers, experts and community members for the rights and interests of people with disabilities ; to help organise and uplift disabled people, especially women and children; and to promote relationships among individuals, member organisations and NGOs working for the cause of disability.
The NFDN has also succeeded in ensuring 50 per cent discount on airfare for persons with disabilities and their attendants throughout the country. These changes are part of a new air policy which is being drafted.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Government wants jobs reserved for disabled people in NGOs
- NCPEDP joins hands with Bhagidari for WDD celebrations
- CBSE to make inclusive education a reality
- Arunachal polling booths not disabled-friendly
- 5% seats now reserved for disabled people in Nepal Civil Services
- War disabled allege discrimination
- Youth Parliament debates strategies to tackle AIDS
- Arman Ali nominated for Vietnam seminar
- ArtsAbility promotes creative expression
- IT.com 2004 firms sensitive to disabled people
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: