Volume 2 Issue 22 - November 15, 2004
Arman Ali nominated for Vietnam seminar
DNIS News Network - DPI-India nominates Arman Ali, Assistant Project Coordinator, Disability Law Unit, North-East, at Shishu Sarothi, for a training seminar in Vietnam.
Disabled People's International- India (DPI-India) has nominated Arman Ali for a regional training seminar on capacity-building for self-help organisations of persons with disabilities. To be held in Hanoi, Vietnam from December 13-17, it will be jointly organised by Asia and Pacific Development Centre on Disability (APCD) and National Coordinating Committee on Disability (NCCD), Vietnam.
Ali is a person with cerebral palsy. He has been actively involved in promoting advocacy vis-à-vis cross-disability issues and taken several initiatives against discrimination of disabled people in the North-East region.
At present, Ali is working as the Assistant Project Coordinator, Disability Law Unit, Shishu Sarothi, in Assam. He has also been involved in various events and campaigns that have been carried out by DPI-India, Disabled Rights Group (DRG), and National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (NCPEDP).
Twenty-four young individuals from developing countries in the region, who demonstrate potential leadership qualities, have been identified for the seminar. All the participants will receive full sponsorship from APCD to attend the seminar.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Government wants jobs reserved for disabled people in NGOs
- NCPEDP joins hands with Bhagidari for WDD celebrations
- CBSE to make inclusive education a reality
- Arunachal polling booths not disabled-friendly
- 5% seats now reserved for disabled people in Nepal Civil Services
- War disabled allege discrimination
- Youth Parliament debates strategies to tackle AIDS
- Arman Ali nominated for Vietnam seminar
- ArtsAbility promotes creative expression
- IT.com 2004 firms sensitive to disabled people
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: