Volume 2 Issue 23 - December 01, 2004
Resource Centre bridges information gap
DNIS News Network - A Disability Information Resource Centre will make various kinds of information available to disabled people through a dedicated helpline.
A Disability Information Resource Centre was recently launched in Bangalore. The Centre is a joint project of Voices, a voluntary organisation, the Directorate of Welfare of Disabled and the Office of Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities.
Open five days a week from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., the Centre makes various kinds of information available to disabled people through its dedicated helpline (080-252139030). This helpline will be manned by a visually impaired person.
Information will be available on issues related to disabled people such as access to public places, educational institutions, placement cells, funding agencies and other such subjects. The Centre will also conduct access audit of public places through a group volunteer. Training programmes are also on the agenda. A data bank of legislation related to disabilities, Government Orders and court judgements in favour of disabled people will be maintained.
Addressing the gathering at the inauguration ceremony, Ashish Sen, Director, Voices, said, This partnership between the government and the community is aimed at bridging the gap between legislation, such as the Persons with Disabilities Act 1995, and its implementation.
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- DRG unveils blueprint for rights of disabled citizens
- SC rejects plea of blind people
- NHRC Chairman objects to term 'able bodied person' in proposed National Employment Guarantee Act
- Barrier-free attitude sets an example for accessibility
- Third CavinKare Ability awards announced
- International arena for disabled sportspersons expanding
- Magiktuch concert for visually impaired people a grand success
- Indian NGO helps disabled children move into the mainstream
- Local scientist writing software for Prof Hawking
- Resource Centre bridges information gap
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: