Volume 2 Issue 24 - December 15, 2004
ITF promotes Indian wheelchair tennis
DNIS News Network - On World Disability Day, ITF adds India to its list of Silver Fund countries.
India has reason to smile. On World Disability Day, the International Tennis Federation (ITF) added India to its list of Silver Fund countries, designed to promote wheelchair tennis in developing nations. The Delhi Lawn Tennis Association courts were witness to some magical tennis by wheelchair tennis champions Jayant Mistry and John Noakes. The duo played a demonstration match to commemorate World Disability Day. The 38-year-old Mistry has, among other laurels, several handfuls of international wheelchair tennis titles to his name, while Noakes was the coach of former Dutch Wimbledon champion Richard Krajicek and French Open runner-up Martin Verkerk, among a host of other wheelchair champions.
“The idea is to spread awareness about the sport and that is what brings Jayant and me here,” said Mistry.
He added that most parts of the western world had the required facilities and a concerted attempt as being made to bring tennis to other parts of the world.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- UN Convention on Rights of Disabled People concludes final stage
- President Kalam announces speech applet for visually impaired people
- Search on for new CCPD
- Helen Keller awards presented
- Let's Walk to Freedom!
- Disability and Law workshop organised in Cochin
- ITF promotes Indian wheelchair tennis
- Disability still dogs Bhopal gas survivors
- Breaking down barriers
- Land mines are a major cause of disability
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: