Volume 3 Issue 3 - February 01, 2005
Disability group presents ten-point charter to PresidentDNIS News Network – Representatives from Society for Disability and Rehabilitation Studies (SDRS) presented a ten point charter to the President APJ Abdul Kalam Azad which including a demand to set up a National Task Force on disability.
Representatives of the Society for Disability and Rehabilitation Studies (SDRS) drew the attention of the President of India, APJ Abdul Kalam Azad, to the dismal implementation of the Persons with Disabilities Act.
In a ten-point charter submitted to the President, SDRS have requested him to look into the ineffective implementation of the Act and the unimpressive track record of the offices of Chief Commissioners for People with Disabilities. Generation of authentic data on disability was also a part of their concerns.
SDRS recommended that disability and rehabilitation concepts be incorporated in the school and university curriculum. SDRS stressed the need to adopt appropriate technologies to improve the standards of education and training.
It also demanded that a national task force on disability be set up soon. The delegation also sought the President’s involvement in setting up of a committee on the lines of the White House Committee to monitor and supervise the implementation of constitutional and legal provisions related to people with disabilities.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Prime Minister issues an order to adhere to 3% reservation for disabled persons in the Civil Service
- Disability leaders call on Home Minister demanding unlimited attempts in Civil Services
- Blatant discrimination against disabled scientist by IIT, Delhi
- State-level consultation on Civil Society partnership in post-tsunami rehabilitation
- NCPEDP part of ‘Sarva Siksha Abhiyan’ Executive Committee
- Disability group presents ten-point charter to President
- Mumbai Marathon turns inclusive
- Bollywood stars take up disability issues
- Disabled boy receives National Bravery Award
- Special children to be part of mainstream schools
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: