Volume 7 Issue 3 - February 01, 2010
Countdown to Techshare 2010 begins
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: Techshare 2010 to be held in New Delhi on February 15 and 16 will see the conference move on 3 tracks. Track 1 will be on Strategies for Inclusive Growth, Track 2 will be on Empowerment for All and Track 3 will focus on Unlocking the Potential of Technology.
Track 1 will have talks and papers on issues like Business Values of Accessibility; Introduction to D.A.I.S.Y. and D.A.I.S.Y. book libraries in India; Enabling Persons with Disabilities at Marketplace; National Policy on Electronic Accessibility and Case Study on Implementing Accessibility; etc. by officials from I.B.M., Yahoo! and so on.
The papers under Track 2 include Overview of A.E.G.I.S. Project: Open Accessibility Everywhere - Guidelines, Infrastructure, Standards; Guiding Seniors through the Digital Maze; The Power of Connectivity for Fun, Learning, and Life with Easy-Tech Assistive Technology; Multimedia Accessibility: Captioning, Audio Description and more; Technology that can Break the Barriers of Deafness; etc.
Track 3 will have papers on Guidelines for Indian Government Websites; Punarjjani- An I.C.T. based integrated assessment tool for Children with M.R.; Looking beyond Screen Readers; Advancements in Accessibility Technologies at I.B.M. Research; Accessibility in Enterprise Software: A Case Study; etc.
The papers will be presented by renowned experts from Government, industry and the disability sector. Besides these, Techshare 2010 also promises many interactive sessions for technology enthusiasts.
To read the full Agenda and know more about Techshare, visit http://techshare.barrierbreak.com
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- User interface is a key area that we need to work in, to make this an inclusive world: Shilpi Kapoor
- âMost of the time, extraordinary people who are doing extraordinary things get lost,â Ashutosh
- New Law versus Amendments â North Zone leaders speak up
- Javed Abidi bags lifetime achievement award
- N.C.P.E.D.P. writes to Prime Minister and Finance Minister regarding Budget 2010
- Mukul Wasnik continues to be evasive on new law while the sectorâs demand gets stronger
- D.P.O.D. & N.C.P.E.D.P. tie up for a project on implementation of U.N.C.R.P.D.
- N.A.S.S.C.O.M. sets up Disability Advisory Group
- Countdown to Techshare 2010 begins
- After Mumbai, Right to Read Campaign reaches Delhi
- Premier B-School on road to being disabled friendly
- North Zone Consultation on New Law
- Drafting Committee on Electronic Access Policy finalises ârevised draftâ
- Nari Niketan Case: National Trust Sub-Committee members visit newborn Pari
- Government simplifies process of obtaining disability certificate
- C.B.S.E. to ensure no disabled child is denied admission
- 2nd National Conference of Indian Sign Language Interpreters to be held shortly
- Civic bodies must be disabled friendly, Yeddyurappa
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: