Volume 7 Issue 3 - February 01, 2010
N.A.S.S.C.O.M. sets up Disability Advisory Group
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: N.A.S.S.C.O.M. has finally set up a Disability Advisory Group. It will be chaired by Pradeep Gupta, Chairman, Cyber Media India Ltd. and will advise and inform industry on disability issues such as accessibility and employability.
Some of the members of the Group are Javed Abidi, Honorary Director, National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People; Shilpi Kapoor, Managing Director, BarrierBreak Technologies; Dipendra Manocha, Developing Countries Coordinator, D.A.I.S.Y. Consortium; Nirmita Narasimhan, Senior Programme Manager, Centre for Internet and Society; and Shanti Raghavan, Founder, Enable India representing the disability sector. Others include Dinesh Venugopal of MphasiS; and Raja Shanmugam of Mindtree Foundation, representing the I.T. industry.
N.A.S.S.C.O.M. and N.A.S.S.C.O.M. Foundation representatives include Som Mittal, President, N.A.S.S.C.O.M.; Rufina Fernandes, C.E.O., N.A.S.S.C.O.M. Foundation; Sagarika Bose, Vice President, N.A.S.S.C.O.M. Foundation; and Avinash Raghava, Regional Director, Northern Region, N.A.S.S.C.O.M.
It may be mentioned that N.A.S.S.C.O.M. already has a Diversity Forum operating from Bangalore. On January 29, it set up a sub-committee on disability issues to focus on human resource and employment issues.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- User interface is a key area that we need to work in, to make this an inclusive world: Shilpi Kapoor
- “Most of the time, extraordinary people who are doing extraordinary things get lost,” Ashutosh
- New Law versus Amendments – North Zone leaders speak up
- Javed Abidi bags lifetime achievement award
- N.C.P.E.D.P. writes to Prime Minister and Finance Minister regarding Budget 2010
- Mukul Wasnik continues to be evasive on new law while the sector’s demand gets stronger
- D.P.O.D. & N.C.P.E.D.P. tie up for a project on implementation of U.N.C.R.P.D.
- N.A.S.S.C.O.M. sets up Disability Advisory Group
- Countdown to Techshare 2010 begins
- After Mumbai, Right to Read Campaign reaches Delhi
- Premier B-School on road to being disabled friendly
- North Zone Consultation on New Law
- Drafting Committee on Electronic Access Policy finalises ‘revised draft’
- Nari Niketan Case: National Trust Sub-Committee members visit newborn Pari
- Government simplifies process of obtaining disability certificate
- C.B.S.E. to ensure no disabled child is denied admission
- 2nd National Conference of Indian Sign Language Interpreters to be held shortly
- Civic bodies must be disabled friendly, Yeddyurappa
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: