Volume 9 Issue 3 - April 15, 2012
After four years, blind woman finally gets U.P.S.C. posting, but in a lower category!
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: Purnima Jain, a woman with visual impairment from Indore, cleared the Union Public Service Commission (U.P.S.C.) with distinction in 2008. But it took four years and an intervention from the Prime Minister of India for her to finally get a posting. But the discrimination is far from over.
The posting she has finally received is in the Indian Railway Personnel Services (I.R.P.S.) whereas she had qualified for the Indian Administrative Service (I.A.S.).
Jain is going to take up the I.R.P.S. position but has expressed her unhappiness at being denied a job that she deserved.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- βIt is high time for the disability sector to demand for a Disability Rights Budget Statement,β Meenakshi Balasubramaniam
- Survey reveals dismal picture of persons with disabilities in Odisha
- Centre, D.G.C.A. served notice by Supreme Court on deplaning of passenger with disability
- Another meeting at Ministry of Civil Aviation, with no solution in sight
- Make rights of persons with disabilities justiciable: C.P.I.(M.)
- O.B.C. candidates with disabilities to get three extra attempts at Civil Services
- After four years, blind woman finally gets U.P.S.C. posting, but in a lower category!
- Railways directed to fill up posts reserved for persons with disabilities
- Find alternatives to provide equal opportunities for people with disabilities, says H.P. High Court
- D.U. plans an examination policy for students with multiple disabilities
- Allahabad University takes a step towards being disabled-friendly
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: